Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Day Eight & Nine - The Drive Home

Saturday morning we got up and went to visit some friends!!  We went to the beach and had lunch together.  We then made our way to Redding, California (where I made a hotel reservation).  When we got back on I-5, I was driving and we heard a loud noise.  I pulled over and our drivers side back tire completly blew. We bought brand new tires not too long before leaving for this trip, so we were quite agitated that this happened.  Shannon got the spare on and good ole Siri helped us find a local tire store to get a new one.  This whole ordeal put us two hours behind schedule, so we arrived in Redding at about midnight.

We got on the road early the next morning because we knew we would be hitting ice and snow.  It sure was beautiful, but it was definitely slow going....




We finally pulled in to our driveway around 4:30ish.  The first thing the boys did was put on snow clothes and play in the snow until it got dark!!



No comments: