Sunday, April 7, 2013

Welcome Domino

For probably a year or so Shannon and I have been talking (very casual talk, nothing serious) about a second dog....and of course Kaydin has been asking for one also.  We both agreed that we loved the dogs we see occasionally that are black and white, around Dodger's size (60 lbs).  We weren't quite sure of the bread and assumed maybe they were a mix of some sort.  We didn't do any research and we decided the right time would come later down the road.

Well, a few days ago I was looking at my Facebook news feed and I follow our local Humane Society and they just happened to post a picture of 8 puppies they rescued from a kill shelter in California.  These puppies were exactly the kind of dog we had our eye on!  I texted a picture to Shannon and told him I wanted one!!  Shanon went to take a look and they only had 3 puppies left!  I told Shannon it was up to him and whatever he feels is right, he should do.  He picked up the kids from school/daycare and went straight to the Humane Society. 

So now begins our adventure with Domino.  He was born late January and is a mix between Black Lab and Border Collie.  He is so sweet and loves to snuggle with us.  The boys love him and he loves them back.  Domino is officially the boys' dog, but I have to admit that Shannon and I love him very much already.  It is like a new baby in the family.  He sleeps great, already plays fetch and tug-o-war, and will come when we call his name.  Yes of course he has had some accidents in the house and we catch him grabbing a hold of socks and running (it is hard not to laugh when he does this)!!  He chews a little, but we guide him to the right things to chew on.  I just put in a rush order for some highly rated puppy chew toys to help us in that department!!!

Dodger is slowly getting used to his little buddy.  I know he is a little upset with us since he has been our one and only for over nine years.  I know soon those two will be best of friends!

Please enjoy these adorable pictures of our new addition!











No comments: