Sunday, November 23, 2008

Road Trip Day 6-7

We drove from Anaheim to Monterey on Day 5. We arrived at Monterey pretty late that night. We woke up on day six and headed to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. For some reason I thought it would be fun to add this on to our trip. Kaydin was very tired and ready to be home. For our first big vacation, he did great and I learned some leasons for next time......

Here they are pretending to be whales!
Checking out the sharks........ Kaydin looks so tired
Checking out the tide pools. Kaydin wouldn't touch anything. He is very particular with textures of things.
Finally a smile..........................
Dressing up as "Nemo" fish.
We ate lunch at Sly Mcfly's in Monterey. They have lots of little shops and reasurants right on the bay. It is called the Cannery Row.

After a short, not so pleasant trip to the Aquriaum we headed to our next pit stop. It was a small town right on the south side of the Redwoods. I thought it would be fun to drive highway 101 to enjoy some sights. Note to self..........don't drive 101 through San Francisco because it takes you right through downtown and the signage is HORRIBLE. We had this lovely experience at rush hour. We spent a long time in the car this day because of all the traffic and also poor Shannon got extreme food poisoning. We had to stop every couple miles. Poor guy, I thought he was going to die. We finally got to the hotel around 1:00 a.m. and Shannon was sick through the whole night. Day seven was spent with me driving the whole way back and keeping Kaydin calm so Shannon could try and relax. Boy am I glad that happened at the end of the trip!

No comments: